Vaishnavi from IIT Delhi

:wave: Name: Vaishnavi

:speech_balloon: Pronouns: she/her (but they/them is okay too)

:hourglass_flowing_sand: How do you spend your time: Reading emails, articles, technical papers (mostly about symbolic analysis, logic, and/or formal verification), fiction, student submissions, forms like this one… Occasionally writing some of the above-mentioned things as well. Almost always listening to classic rock. Learning French when the green owl threatens me.

:earth_africa: Where are you located: Delhi. I spent the first two decades and change of my life here, and now I’m back, after having hopped two other continents in between.

:nerd_face: What’s something Google won’t tell us about you: That I have two heads, three arms, and invented the Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster. It won’t tell you that because it’s not true.

:books: Tell us about a book that you frequently like to gift or recommend: As should be evident from the answer to the previous prompt, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. But to be honest, I think book recommendation/gifting is more a function of the recipient than the giver, so there’s no one correct answer here.

:thinking: I am looking forward to CRiCKET because: As a new faculty member at a national institution with an increasingly huge pool of students from an extremely diverse spectrum, I hope to get some insights into how to improve both my teaching and the overall atmosphere of computing education to be more accessible, inclusive, and effective.

:link: We can find you at (socials, github, website, substack etc.): My website

6 Likes

So excited to have you join us, Vaishnavi! Thanks for making time in the middle of a busy semester :slight_smile:

This is a good reminder to re-read HHGG — I’d like to think that’s one that can be gifted WLOG, by and large! I haven’t heard the shows though, have you?

I have! They’re quite brilliant :smiley: . They used to be on Internet Archive, but I don’t know if that’s still the case, what with the litigation and everything.

1 Like

What a perfect collection of entries!

2 Likes

I have it from Audible, but haven’t actually gotten around to tuning in yet. I should!

1 Like