Siddharaj from Vidyavriksh.com

:wave: Name: Siddharaj Mopkar

:speech_balloon: Pronouns: He/ Him

:hourglass_flowing_sand: How do you spend your time: Most of the day is spent teaching early teens in an ICSE school (HTML-CSS/ Python) and in the evenings I run an after-school program in Math & Sciences

:earth_africa: Where are you located: Panaji, Goa

:nerd_face: What’s something Google won’t tell us about you: I want to start a school some day.

:books: Tell us about a book that you frequently like to gift or recommend: Humankind by Rutger Bregman

:thinking: I am looking forward to CRiCKET because: I have tried different ways of organising math curriculum over the years, experimented with methods of learning, but haven’t found the confidence to put it on paper so that it can be replicated/ scaled. Looking forward to having the tools/inspiration/motivation as well as support to finally bring it to fruition. Mostly, in mathematics and sciences integrated with programming

:link: We can find you at (socials, github, website, substack etc.): vidyavriksh.com

2 Likes

Oh, we have a LOT to talk about re. math + computing integration!

2 Likes

Would love to connect with you @Siddharaj_Mopkar about Math curriculum and understand your perspective and how you have gone about it - I have been frustrated as a parent and occasional teacher of middle-school and high-school math about the pedagogy; I have now come to realization that maybe math should not be taught standalone. More when we meet…

3 Likes

Yes, I am looking forward to it. And come closer to understanding how we learn. Can’t wait.

2 Likes