Arup from IIT Madras

:wave: Name: Arup

:speech_balloon: Pronouns: he/his

:hourglass_flowing_sand: How do you spend your time: Other than my regular work at IITM (which mainly includes teaching and some managerial tasks), I spent a lot of time reading books and watching movies. I especially like to spend my time with friends and family.

:earth_africa: Where are you located: Kolkata, WB

:nerd_face: What’s something Google won’t tell us about you: You really won’t get much information about me from Google other than my education and research.

:books: Tell us about a book that you frequently like to gift or recommend: I sometimes think of gifting a book, but unfortunately end up keeping it with me. Yes, I have gifted books, and my favorite ones are Madeline Miller’s “The Songs of Achilles” and “Circe”.

:thinking: I am looking forward to CRiCKET because: I teach students groups that are large (1000+) in size and heterogeneous in most aspects like age, educational background, locations, etc., and the delivery mode is online. I want to understand how I can be more effective in my teaching.

:link: We can find you at (socials, github, website, substack etc.): Facebook and Linkedin

4 Likes

Hi Arup — you might want to include links to the "where can we find you"s.